The Anti Submarine Warfare Association
Formerly the TASI and ASWI association.
Welcome to the ASW association official Website. The association was formed in 1955 as the TASI Association in HMS VERNON Portsmouth and was renamed the ASWI Association in 1975 to reflect the changing structure of the sonar branch. In January 2019 after a vote of the membership the name was changed to the ASW Association .
Please enjoy the site and email the webmaster should you have any comments about the site.
In the photo above tas members from HMS Sheffield attending the wake of ex LS (S) Keith jones
In the photo is Keith Jones wife and daughters as well as Gary Ashton, Malcolm mummery, Gary Layzell, Cosmo Crump and Ian Critchley.
Aims of the Association
- To promote "esprit de corps" amongst members so as to enhance their prestige within the service.
- To provide wherever possible and within the means of the association, professional help and assistance to the serving membership.
- To expand the social and recreational activities of its members.
Key Benefits to Joining
- The opportunity to contact and meet old shipmates.
- Regular social events (many subsidised).
- Your own page on the website.
- Occasional Seamaster web newsletter .
- Email facility for members that are not online.
Can you help with any of these photos? What was the event? Can you name anyone in the Photos? Email Webmaster if you have any ideas. Better quality photos can be provided if you need them.