The Anti Submarine Warfare Association
Formerly the TASI and ASWI association.
Welcome to the ASW association official Website. The association was formed in 1955 as the TASI Association in HMS VERNON Portsmouth and was renamed the ASWI Association in 1975 to reflect the changing structure of the sonar branch. In January 2019 after a vote of the membership the name was changed to the ASW Association .
Please enjoy the site and email the webmaster should you have any comments about the site.
Royal beach hotel Southsea
Photographs of ships sonar teamsUPDATED!
Rememberance page update October 2019
Home page updated October 2019
Course Photographs updated October 2019
Aims of the Association
- To promote "esprit de corps" amongst members so as to enhance their prestige within the service.
- To provide wherever possible and within the means of the association, professional help and assistance to the serving membership.
- To expand the social and recreational activities of its members.
Key Benefits to Joining
- The opportunity to contact and meet old shipmates.
- Regular social events (many subsidised).
- Your own page on the website.
- Occasional Seamaster web newsletter .
- Email facility for members that are not online.
Keeping Up To Date
Members list now updated over 590 names (July 2019) including ships served, dates and rates when leaving.
Is your information up-to-date or missing?
Contact email@example.com with any updated information.
Photographs of ships sonar teams UPDATED!
Rememberance page update July 2019
Home page updated July 2019
Course Photographs updated July 2019
Can you help with any of these photos? What was the event? Can you name anyone in the Photos? Email Webmaster if you have any ideas. Better quality photos can be provided if you need them.