The Anti Submarine Warfare Instructors Association
Formerly the TASI Association incorporating the ASW Association.
Welcome to the ASWI association official Website. The association was formed in 1955 as the TASI Association in HMS VERNON Portsmouth and was renamed the ASWI Association in 1975 to reflect the changing structure of the sonar branch. Please enjoy the site and email the webmaster should you have any comments about the site.
Aims of the Association
- To promote "esprit de corps" amongst members so as to enhance their prestige within the service.
- To provide wherever possible and within the means of the association, professional help and assistance to the serving membership.
- To expand the social and recreational activities of its members.
Key Benefits to Joining
- The opportunity to contact and meet old shipmates.
- Regular social events (many subsidised).
- Your own page on the website.
- Occasional Seamaster web newsletter .
- Email facility for members that are not online.
Membership is now open to all serving, ex serving sonar rates. Lapel pin, access to subsidised or free events, sonar course photos and year photos. Access to the members area of the website.
Can you help with any of these photos? What was the event? Can you name anyone in the Photos? Email Webmaster if you have any ideas. Better quality photos can be provided if you need them.